Email Setup – Outlook 2003 - Click here to download the .pdf Version
1. Open Outlook.
2. Click on Tools from the top menu and select E-mail Accounts.
3. You will now see a pop up window. Select Add A New Email Account option under E-mail and click Next.
4. Now from the next window “Server Type” select POP3 and click Next.
5. This window requires the most important information such as your name, login information and your server information.
6. Now enter your full name and your email address. Under the login information enter your username and your password. Make sure the Remember Password box is checked.
Now under server information:
(i) Incoming mail server would be mail2.element74.com
(ii) Outgoing mail server would be smtp2.element74.com
Click on the More Settings button.
7. In the More Settings pop up window select the Outgoing Server tab and make sure the first check box which says “My Outgoing Server(SMTP) Requires Authentication” and select the option which says "Use Same Settings As My Incoming Mail Server".
8. Now select the next tab Connection and make sure the first one which says "Connect Using My Local Area Network (LAN)" is selected.
9. Now select the next tab and check for the port numbers. It should be “110" for Incoming Server (POP3)” and should be “25" for outgoing server (SMTP)”. If your ISP blocks port "25" then you might try "2525".
10. You now have the option of leaving a copy of messages on the server. All you need to do is to check the box which says "Leave A Copy Of Message On The Server" and you may select the number of days you want those messages to remain in the server.
11. Click Ok.
12. Click Next.
13. Click Finish.
You have now successfully setup your email on Outlook.